My Training Philosophy

As a personal health and fitness trainer I try to bring a unique and personal approach to each of my clients. Motivation and specific direction is different for each of my clients.
With my education and personal training experience I help people at any level achieve their health and fitness goals.
CrossFit gives my clients the avenue to achieve their goals through its training and nutrition program, which is designed to be unique to the client's specific goals.
CrossFit is just a part of my lifestyle and I have seen significant changes in my health and fitness level, but I have also done other training modalities to make me stronger and healthier as well. My clients have adopted CrossFit's principles and have seen dramatic improvements in their lives.
Having knowledge of CrossFit's key principles is a large component of success with my clients. Knowing the benefits of the workouts and the correct technique allows my clients to make great strides towards their ultimate health and fitness goals.

Contact

If you would like to know more information about our gym please contact us:

startcrossfitomaha@gmail.com
crossfitomaha@gmail.com

Or visit our websites at:

crossfitomaha.com
crossfitomaha.net

Or you can contact me personally at either my phone or email:

Phone: 402-699-1463
Email: jon@crossfitomaha.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Elf on the Shelf



If you have kids and don't know what Elf on the Shelf is I will explain, and recommend you get one. Jen and I were told (can't remember who) about Elf on the Shelf. You get a book that has an Elf inside sent by Santa to look after your kids and your kids can tell your Elf what they want for Christmas. Your kids have to name your elf before he/she gets their magic. Canyon named ours "Buddy". Your Elf flies back at night when your kids are sleeping to report to Santa if they have been naughty or nice, and what they want for Christmas. The next morning when your kids wake up your Elf is in a different place. In the tree, on the shelf, or as you can see in ours in our Christmas Candy.

If you want to feel like a kid again and bring the spirit of Christmas back into your household I recommend you to get an Elf on the Shelf. Now if that isn't a slogan for the book I don't know what is. Its great to have Canyon, who is 3, come in every morning and ask "hey lets go find buddy"! Its great and you and your kids will love it!

Well day 2 on returning to CFO workouts.

#1
"CFO"
For time:
60 Burpees (hand release)

Compare to 100802.

#2
Double Unders, 2 minutes
Sit ups, 2 minutes
Double Unders, 90 seconds
Sit ups, 90 seconds
Double Unders, 1 minute
Sit ups, 1 minute
Double Unders, 30 seconds
Sit ups, 30 seconds

Workout #2 begins exactly 5 minutes after workout 1 begins. Obviously, this means workout #1 has a 5 minute cut-off.

#1- Did it in 3:05 a whole minute and 10 seconds faster than last time. What was I doing last time?

#2- 319 DU's my shoulders and lungs were burning, and 115 on situps, total 434.

Overall Im happy with the day shoulders are going to be sore from the past couple days but now just waiting to what Wednesday is going to be. My suggestion for this workout, find a pace with burpees so you don't stop. DU's shoot big for your first set then find a number you can hit before you rest. I always did about 20-25 DUs after my first set. Situps again find a pace that you dont stop. I hope this helps and I may keep putting up what my strategy was for each workout so maybe it helps people come up with their own.

Jimbo G put this up a little bit ago and I have heard the first 25min and can't wait to hear the last. Its on Robb Wolf's podcast on Wheat.

http://robbwolf.com/2011/08/30/the-paleo-solution-episode-95/

No comments:

Post a Comment